Delighted to help launch the cover for New Suns: Original Speculative Fiction by People of Color, edited by Nisi Shawl (@NisiShawl), and published by Solaris in March 2019.
I have to say, this sounds brilliant. The cover art is gorgeous (props to artist/designer Yoshi Yoshitani yoshiyoshitani.com). Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!
New Suns showcases emerging and seasoned writers of many races telling stories filled with shocking delights, powerful visions of the familiar made strange.
Between this book’s covers burn tales of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and their indefinable overlappings. These are authors aware of our many possible pasts and futures, authors freed of stereotypes and clichéd expectations, ready to dazzle you with their daring genius.
Unexpected brilliance shines forth from every page.
Here’s a look at the contents:
• Foreword, LeVar Burton
• The Galactic Tourist Industrial Complex, Tobias Buckell
• Deer Dancer, Kathleen Alcalá
• The Virtue of Unfaithful Translations, Minsoo Kang
• Come Home to Atropos, Steven Barnes
• The Fine Print, Chinelo Onwualu
• unkind of mercy, Alex Jennings
• Burn the Ships, Alberto Yáñez
• The Freedom of the Shifting Sea, Jaymee Goh
• Three Variations on a Theme of Imperial Attire, E. Lily Yu
• Blood and Bells, Karin Lowachee
• Give Me Your Black Wings Oh Sister, Silvia Moreno-Garcia
• The Shadow We Cast Through Time, Indrapramit Das
• The Robots of Eden, Anil Menon
• Dumb House, Andrea Hairston
• One Easy Trick, Hiromi Goto
• Harvest, Rebecca Roanhorse
• Kelsey and the Burdened Breath, Darcie Little Badger
• Afterword, Nisi Shawl
Roll on March 2019!
4 thoughts on “New Suns – cover launch”
That is a beautiful cover! The colors are so vibrant.
Lovely! I’m excited for this:-)
Same! Looks ace.